Aims and purpose
The main aims of the SVMV can be described as follows:
- To safeguard and support the interests of its members in respect of the law for copyrights and similar protection rights.
- The representation of interests of its members towards authorities, institutions at home and abroad.
- The regular exchange of information amongst Swiss artists and performing and mecanical rights societies, especially SUISA.
- The co-operation with similar Swiss and foreign organizations.
- The realization of a legal information service and support of the members in case of persecution of violation of copyrights, publishers's rights and competitor's rights.
- The support of national talent.